Gambling addiction has become an epidemic, particularly with the widespread accessibility of online gambling sites. Research reveals that 15 million adults in America are at risk of problem gambling and that there are approximately 5.5 million people who are pathological or problem gamblers.
If you are one of the statistics, are you ready to do something to change your life around?
Nobody can do it for you. Only YOU can decide to change your life because only YOU have chosen, consciously or by default, to take this slippery path downhill into gambling addiction. That is not to say you are to blame. You made the choice in order to comfort yourself in some way.
It is human nature to seek out the quickest route to pleasure in life and try to avoid pain and that is understandable but, when pleasure comes at the expense of relinquishing family, friends, health, home and the precious things in life that are irreplaceable, then that may be a very high price to pay.
You can make the choice now to take a different path.
Firstly, the most important thing is to discover the underlying reasons for your gambling addiction. That is going to require willingness and courage on your part because you will need to really face yourself.
You may have been avoiding this for a long time. The song “I’ve been to paradise” by Nancy Wilson, comes to mind as very relevant to many of us who run from ourselves into outer distractions and chase promises of fulfilment and short-lived pleasure, all the while missing the important things in life and especially, any deep connection with our inner being that would give our lives real meaning. We avoid ourselves at all costs, frightened that we may find emptiness inside. Why do we fear emptiness when it can be our friend? Sitting with emptiness is less painful than gambling your whole life away. I’ve been to emptiness and meaninglessness many times and have returned to tell the tale and so can you.
If you feel that you do not have the courage then that is not true. If you can gamble, you have lots of courage and it just needs to be re-directed. You just need to be willing to take the first step.
Secondly, you may find that you have been using your gambling addiction to cover up uncomfortable symptoms such as loneliness, boredom, anxiety or depression. Everyone goes through some of these states at some point in their lives. You are not alone here, nor are you mentally ill; you are merely human like the rest of us.
Maybe you are running away from crises or difficulties that you feel you do not know how to deal with; there is no shame in that. We are not born with the skills to deal with everything in our lives; we merely learn them as we go along.
Thirdly, once you are aware of the underlying need that your gambling addiction is trying to fill, then you can find a different way to meet this need.
Craps gambling is without a doubt one of the most exciting and very popular forms of gambling in the casinos. Unfortunately, craps gambling can also be the most intimidating, unforgiving, and complicated form of gambling in the casino. Want to know how you can avoid the dark side of craps gambling?
Great! Continue reading to find seven tips you need to know – tips that will help uncover some little known secrets about craps – and how you can learn to have success at the craps table.
Craps, depending on the source you trust, is estimated to have as many as 30 million American participants annually. Why are so many people interested in this fast-paced form of casino gambling?
To begin with… the thrill of victory cannot be overlooked when it comes to winning. Having many opportunities (due to the multiple betting options available in craps gambling) to win, makes for a tremendous amount of excitement.
This is confirmed by the fact that you can easily identify the craps gambling area in a casino. How? Simply go to the area where you see a large crowd of people cheering and screaming. That is the popular side… but what about the other side of craps gambling? คาสิโนออนไลน์บนมือถือ
Craps gambling requires betting on one or more possible number combinations from the rolling of two dice. Here are seven tips you must know in order to successfully navigate through this challenge:
1. The fact is that consistently predicting the outcome of the roll of two dice at will is impossible. Don’t be fooled by those few moments at the height of excitement that players yell out numbers and the dice miraculously obey. Those moments are the exception and not even remotely the rule. Do you know any professional golfers that hit a hole-in-one at least once every 18 holes?
2. The rules of craps and the odds, which are set by the casinos, guarantee that the casino will earn a small percentage of every bet at the craps table. So, if you thought beating the casino at craps was your mission, let it go. Whether you win or lose, the casino still wins. Knowing this fact will help you focus on your true mission.
3. Craps gambling offers you the option to bet for or bet against the shooter rolling a specific number or outcome; however, you also have the option to bet for and against the shooter simultaneously. How’s that for confusion? Here’s the tip – just because you have the option to make a specific bet or bets, don’t ever make a bet just because a table employee suggests the bet. Remember tip number 2.
4. Never step up to a craps gambling table without a pre-determined playing bankroll. In other words, decide in advance how much money you will bet with and never bet a penny more.
5. The reality of craps gambling is that everyone will win at some point and everyone will lose at some point. Yes, no matter how much you think you suck, you will win one or more bets. That is how the game is designed. Why? The money bet at craps is distributed between the players, with the casino taking a small percentage from the winners and losers. That is the big picture, never lose sight of it.
6. Decide in advance how much you are willing to lose for the day at craps. Should you reach that limit… Stop! End of discussion.
7. Since you are guaranteed by the rules and the odds that you will win some bets and lose some bets, make sure you win more money when winning than you lose when losing. Without a sound money management plan losing will be a given. You can do this by following tip number 6, but also setting a realistic winning goal. Once you reach your winning goal… Stop!
By understanding the secrets within the seven tips above and following those tips, you will separate yourself from better than 98% of craps gambling players and thus increase your odds of success at craps gambling.